Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, or Marketable Securities
The most universal and the easiest asset to donate is marketable stocks and bonds. A gift of appreciated securities will be valued by averaging the high and low prices of the stock on the date of transfer to the Eastern Gateway Community College Foundation.
Making it Happen:
- You transfer stocks or bonds to EGCC Foundation.
- EGCC Foundation sells your stocks or bonds and uses the proceeds
- Donor received contribution credit and an instant income tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock on the date of transfer, regardless of what you initially paid for the stock.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the stock you donate.
- You can be specific as to the purpose of your gift to EGCC Foundation.